The following bathroom remodeling planning guide, provided by Wood-Mode and Better Kitchens, will help you to organize your thoughts and resources to insure that your remodeling project is a success. Click here for a PDF version of this bathroom planning guide.
- Is this a plan for a new home________, an addition_______ or a remodel bath_______?
- Have you ever remodeled a home before? Built a new home before?
- Is there a particular completion date for the project?
- What is the main reason you are planning to invest in a new bath?
- Has anyone else assisted you with the planning of this bath?
- How did you happen to choose us for assistance?
- Do you have a scrapbook of ideas or pictures we may discuss?
- Is this a new Master bath ____Guest Bath ____Powder room ____ Other __________?
- Who will be the primary users of this bath?
- What hand are they? Left ___ Right ___ How tall are they?
- Will they have any special physical requirements we should be aware of?
- What improvements on the current bath should we consider for your new one?
- Will the room serve additional purposes, i.e. dressing room, exercise area?
- Do you have any color preferences, material preference, i.e. tile, stone, etc.
- Do you have another facility to use during the remodeling?
- Do you have any special accessories you are hoping to incorporate, i.e. hamper, magnifying mirror, seated make-up area?
- Do you require storage in this area for such items as bed linens?
- Do you have a preference for single control faucets or separate hot and cold? (circle one)
- Do you have any particular requirements of the bathing area, i.e. steam shower, body jets, hand shower, seating within, etc?
- Do you have any preference in countertop material?
- Do you have any preference in flooring material?
- Do you have any preference in wall covering?
Every project has a range of investment based upon the materials selected and the degree of labor involved to accomplish the project. To assist you in getting the most from your project it is necessary to have a range of investment that you are considering. If you have not determined what that range might be I will happy to answer your questions and assist you at our next meeting.
Please note any ideas or questions as they arise and we will address them at our next meeting.