At Better Kitchens, we could choose just about any line of cabinetry for our clients. Frankly, the choice to be a Chicago Wood-Mode dealer was simple – quality.
Wood-Mode is renowned for excellence in cabinet design, material selection, construction methods and finishes. The many hand steps executed with care by their dedicated craftspeople is the key to quality. Using only the finest wood, hardware, woodworking skills, and technology, Wood-Mode produces the highest quality cabinetry with a broad range of styles, colors, woods, laminates, moldings and hardware.
Wood-Mode’s highly integrated manufacturing facility and carefully chosen wood is where it starts. Wood-Mode’s kilns perform a precise lumber drying process that achieves the optimum moisture content required for the stability of your custom cabinetry. Old-world craftsmanship is combined with the precision and accuracy of laser technology to provide unmatched control throughout the manufacturing process.
The finest woods are selected to ensure superior quality:
- Cherry: A hardwood that is elegant and characterized by a tight grain pattern and subtle color variations. Cherry can darken with age—a natural process that is warming, adding charm and character.
- Knotty Cherry: A very rustic look that includes knots and checks. It retains the durability of any hardwood
- Maple: A very versatile hardwood that is finely grained and known for its distinctive burl patterns.
- Heartwood Maple: The beauty of Maple in a rustic package including natural streaks, checks, and heavier burl. It is usually found in the wood that comes from the core of the tree.
- Oak: An extremely durable and affordable hardwood that many appreciate for its prominent grain, beauty and strength.
- Pine: A softwood with circular grain and random knots that is warm and inviting. If purposely distressed, it will take on an antique quality.
In addition to the short list of wood options listed, decorative inserts of numerous veneers are available.
The durability of a cabinet is more than the chose of wood for the cabinet fronts. For example, while solid wood is ideal for raised panel doors and frame faces, other materials can be better suited for sides, tops, bottoms and shelves where strength, stability and warp resistance are essential.
Wood-Mode produces two lines of fully-guaranteed, customized cabinetry under the Wood-Mode and Brookhaven names. Each line has a bounty of storage options. Both lines boast solid wood doors and multi-step finishing processes, and both are available in traditional framed construction, where the door is mounted on a front frame, and contemporary frameless construction where there is no face frame so the door is mounted on the cabinet case itself.
Wood-Mode has extensive selection of more than 90 standard wood finish colors, two standard finish sheen levels and nearly three dozen standard laminates to satisfy a wide range of tastes and lifestyles. In addition, Wood-Mode will custom match unique finishes to your specifications.
Of course, the most important guarantee of your satisfaction is the Better Kitchens devotion to personalized service, immediate attention, and long-term relationships. As the reviews, testimonials, and client referrals suggest, our service defines success.